A new rumor around yet another Apple product has surfaced online, this time the rumors surrounds Apple TV. According Panjiva Apple might be planning to unveil an updated Apple TV device at the Sep 10th press event.
The site states that Apple has received several shipments described as “Set Top Box with Communication Function” from BYD Precision Manufacture in Shenzhen, China on August 11th. According to the site, this information was captured from the original bill of lading obtained from the U.S Department of Homeland Security.
- ● About a year and a half ago, news broke that BYD was a new supplier to Apple.
- ● Since then, we’ve only seen four shipments from BYD to Apple — the three described above, as well as one shipment described as “PC Portable” on August 18th of this year.
- ● The August 25th shipment weighed 16,628 kilograms.
- ● The August 18th shipment also weighed 16,628 kilograms.
- ● The August 11th shipment weighed 7,044 kilograms.
- ● Apple has received previous shipments for “set top boxes” — most recently, on December 5, 2012, from Hon Hai. This shipment consisted of old school Apple TV’s, as indicated by the model number listed on the bill of lading: A1427.
IOver the past six months Apple has been adding content to the Apple T.V just this year Apple Tv gained HBO Go, The Weather Channel, Vevo, Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Smithsonian Channel.
Only time will tell if there will be an Apple Tv product announced on the 10th.